
I never made the promise.
But I broke it.
You never asked.
But I forgot to reply.
Once, we were together.
All of us.
Sinking in the same hole.
I was thrown a rope.
I took it.
I left.
You stayed.
You sank further.
I didn't know.
When I found out I couldn't understand.
Everyone in hushed whispers.
But not to me.
I cared.
I didn't quite know what I was caring about, But I cared.
I cared for you.
For all of you.
I still care.
To quote one:
"Deep down I want to hurt, But deeper I don't"
I know.
I was there.
I was where you still are.
I almost want to go back down.
And bring you up with me.
To bring you all up with me.
Almost...? Scratch that.
I DO want to.
I am going to.
I am coming down.
And then we're all going up.
To quote another:
"I've been by myself for the last way too long"
It strange how we can be in a crowd but feel so alone.
To be surrounded but feel like noone is there at all.
To quote The Rocket Summer:
"He wants to say,'Let me take you out of this lake that you are clearly drowning in"
We know who that's talking about.
Well, I do.
I want you to too.
Therefore, I'm going to be his fishing rod.
To save you all from drowning
All of you.
Dayam, that's got to be a good fishing rod...
I love you guys.
I care about you.
And now I'm going to be a fishing rod for you.
Love.
Alot of love.
3 comments:
awwww aimee you are so sweet... does mr fisherman have anything to do with jesus..? at a guess because of the fishers of men thing.
/shrugs
i dunno lol
I don't like fishing...but thank you lol.
XO
Mmm, I think I understand.
Maybe if you are a fishing rod I can hope to be a net. :)
<3 K
Post a Comment